[thelist] Three Buddies Dot Com...

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Wed Nov 15 12:25:41 CST 2000

Greetings, all!!

A couple of friends and I are talking about starting our own multimedia
design firm (I refrain from using the term "startup"...don't want to jinx
ourselves. ;-).  As I think about the endless possibilities of starting a
new venture with my buddies, I'm a bit concerned about any issues (whatever
they may be) that might pop up and potentially ruin a company and a good
friendship.

Has anyone else started a design shop under the same or similar
circumstances? Right now, I'm starting to pick up an increasing number of
freelance clients and would really like to share the load with my two
friends (a 3D animator and a Director/Authorware developer) We've done
countless number of projects for our employer, but we'd really like the
flexibility of taking on some more adventurous and (dare I say) "hip" jobs.

Any wisdom/sage advice/warnings/anecdotes would be much appreciated.

Alan McCoy