[thelist] Scrolling text applet

Zoe Oughton zoe.oughton at btconnect.com
Thu Nov 16 05:30:45 CST 2000

Hi all

My boss would like me to include some form of Tickertape on our home page
for latest news etc.

However, he does not want a simple JavaScript, he want something much more!!
Rather like the scrolling text on http://www.hsj.co.uk
He also wants some of the text to be clickable to take users to more
information.

This is done by a Java Applet, which I am afraid I am unable to write.

Does anyone know where I might be able to get a copy of an Applet that would
do what my boss wants (or similar).  I have searched the Internet, but I
have been unable to find what I want.  I have found some freely available
Applets, but they tend to be only one line of text and no links.

TIA

Zoe

Zoe Oughton
zoe.oughton at btconnect.com