[thelist] VBScript vs. JavaScript

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 17 09:07:39 CST 2000

> From: "Gillespie, Bryan" <Bryan.Gillespie at medic.com>
>
> I was recently in a discussion with management, where the focus was "we
> should move away from JavaScript and solely use VBScript".  I'd like to find
> a comparison/contrast of these to better understand what kind of
> implications this may have.

for ASP?  server-side, you mean, right?

if it were client side, i'd say no way... if anything try moving from
JavaScript to ECMAScript, although that's a whole other
discussion...

as for using it in your ASP pages, i use VBScript because it's
easier to draw on the VB experience in-house, and it's easier for
me to code different languages for server-side and client-side...