[thelist] window.innerWidth

Jay Turley jay at weberrific.org
Fri Nov 17 12:57:56 CST 2000

Alright-

I'm feeling like an idiot today, and for some reason my reference skills
have completely failed me just now...

In NS, you can use window.innerWidth to retrieve the width of the browser.
What is the corresponding, if any, method to use in IE?

Reason: I have a div that I want to position right-aligned over the body
text of a page. The div is absolutely positioned. Currently my plan is to
use an init() function to reposition the div at page load. If anyone has a
better idea for positioning a div at the right edge of a page, please
suggest that too.

Imagine a page of article headlines, with a minimizable search box hanging
out at the right edge of the page...

  http://www.weberrific.org
 "Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology"