[thelist] ASP: Escaping stuff

Tab Alleman talleman at autobex.com
Fri Nov 17 15:59:44 CST 2000

I'm in an ASP script, using the FileScriptingObject to write a text file,
and I'm trying to store a string into a variable like this:

InputStr = "<input type='text' name='" & rs.Fields("OptionName").value & "'
value='<%=isText(""" & rs.Fields("OptionName").value & """)%>'>" 'watch for
line-wrap

I want to literally store the <% %> characters in the string, but when ASP
gets to %>, it stops scripting and gives me dumb looks.  Is there a way to
escape those characters or do I need to use Chr(xxx) to get them into my
string?