[thelist] popups + vlink

Herzog, Ari Ari_Herzog at Instron.com
Mon Nov 20 14:02:33 CST 2000

Offhand, the "easy" way is to create a redirect page with zero seconds of
for each popup link. So...the link is really a redirect which has its own
javascript for the popup (and closes itself as well).

Nahh, that's not as easy. Is it? *grin*

-----Original Message-----
From: Nils Devine [mailto:ndevine at rakehell.com]
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 2:59 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] popups + vlink

assumption: popups are being used properly (which is debatable, but another

I have a list of names, each of which is a link that opens a popup window.
When you click on a name I want it to change to the vlink color.  The first
of the 3 examples below works as long as I stay on the page, but as soon as
I leave and come back the names are all the original link color.

< a href="javascript:popup(...
< a href="#" onclick="javascript:popup(...
< a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="javascript:popup(...

Any suggestions on the interaction between vlink and popups?

  Nils T. Devine       Portfolio: www.DivineNTD.com
  AIM: DivineNTD  Pet Project: www.DragonDuel.com
  ICQ: 27646464    Site Developer: www.Rakehell.com