[thelist] re: urgent dreamweaver help needed: what is passive ftp?

Lisa Bartholomew lisa at koolfish.com
Tue Nov 21 19:57:57 CST 2000

After a sleepless night (I am on another time zone to most of you and you
were all asleep when I needed you!) I tried the first suggestion on the
digest to tick the passive ftp box and it worked. What is passive FTP? How
is it different to "normal" ftp and why would it make a difference any way?

I will be taking up the other suggestions though of getting another ftp
program after that panic, thanks guys as usual you have saved me from a
nervous breakdown.

<tip type="Photoshop">
You can use the keyboard to alter kerning or tracking in the type tool
dialog box.
(option-arrow keys) or (alt-arrow keys) will change the value by 20
(option-command-arrow keys) or (alt-control-arrow keys)will change the value
by 100
</tip>