[thelist] Who's more stupid?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 23 07:27:46 CST 2000

> From: Rob Keniger <rob at bigbang.net.au>
>
> > When I asked to clarify whether he was building a product based on ours, to
> > resell to other customers, he essentially (and casually) said yes. (WTF was he
> > thinking?!)
>
> This is completely, totally and utterly illegal. Talk to a good IP lawyer
> immediately.

he's right... gather information (log your phone conversation, send
him an email and get him to confirm what he's doing, cite your
source code) and get it ready...

give him a call telling him that you have not given him permission
to reverse-engineer your code and resell it... tell him he has to
stop immediately... have your lawyer send a letter (this part
should be relatively cheap)...

if you let this go, do not act immediately, or imply in any way that
this might be ok, you can be screwed... you need to be swift and
decisive, and leave no room for misinterpretation...