[thelist] UK: Disability Discrimination and Web Site Design (was Dropdowns - good or bad?)

Richard H. Morris richard.morris at web-designers.co.uk
Thu Nov 23 10:21:07 CST 2000

I wrote:

> [...]

They rang back.

At first they said that web sites weren't covered by the legislation.  We
spoke some more.  They checked again and then said that the sites could fall
into the 'services' category...

So, it appears that they don't know the answer themselves!

I asked them to confirm their advice so that I could dangle something in
front of the Clients.  They suggested the Code of Practice...

Is it any wonder we're all in disarray?

Richard. H. Morris, Web Designers Limited
~~ http://www.web-designers.co.uk ~~
"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me
          than a full frontal lobotomy"