[thelist] slideshow not working on clients machine, can you test please.

A Jung albjung at globalserve.net
Sun Nov 26 00:56:07 CST 2000

> the page is www.housephuket.com
> go to the photographs section and click on the see photos image. It should
> produce a slideshow.
>
> Would there be any other issues that I don't know about that would cause it
> not to work. The client viewed it on his machine in Thailand and it worked.
> He then went to his office in Singapore and said it is not working and also
> a friend of his in Singapore said the same thing.

Took a look on a Mac running OS 9.04 using NS 4/3 and IE 5/4/3.

Slideshow worked fine until I got to IE 3 (but your client couldn't be using
a browser that old could he?) though there was an interesting problem with
Netscape. If you try to advance before the next slide has finished loading,
you will see the previous slide under/behind the one that is loading.

IE 3 doesn't understand your <div> or <span> tags so all of the text ends up
overlapping on one line and it doesn't understand your javascript.

Albert J.

--
"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular"