[thelist] ODBC Text File Driver and ASP

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 27 19:24:33 CST 2000

> From: Anthony Baratta <Anthony at Baratta.com>
[...]
> Another option I thought of today was to use the MS ODBC Text File Driver and talk to
> it like a database with SQL.
>
> So the question is: Has anyone done this before? Or have a better solution?

i have had a hella time getting that to work...scott helped me out,
but ultimately, it didn't matter, it just wouldn't run on our dev boxen
or on my personal shared NT host... the schema.ini wasn't the
culprit, i can tell you that...

FWIW, since i couldn't get that to work, i ended up taking my pipe-
delimited text files and using FSO and some stream-splittage to
build my data that way... it's not super-fast, and it's quite far from
ideal, but the advantage was i got it up and running using the same
text data sources...

so, if you get it working, *send me the files*, i'm still trying to figure
it out...