[thelist] ODBC Text File Driver and ASP

Simon Davies simon.davies at bigpond.com
Mon Nov 27 20:19:18 CST 2000

Hi Anthony

I'm doing something similar but only with 60,000 rows...no need to use such
extreme measures. I do offer the function to DBCC REINDEX, Truncate Server
Log and/or Update Statistics if the server becomes irritable though (use VB6
as a front end for "dumb" users to upload AS400 data to SQL Server 2000 db).

Take a look at http://www.sql-server-performance.com/ for SQL Server tuning
tips, its a good read.

Simon