[thelist] Fusebox development?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Tue Nov 28 19:01:45 CST 2000

On 11/28/00 at 4:48 PM, Ewing, Christopher <cewing at mooremedical.com> wrote:

> For all the CF developers out there, what do you think
> of the Fusebox (www.fusebox.org) method of developing
> sites?

> What are the pro's and con's?

I've just started using it. It's a bit of a shift in terms of thinking, but I
like it. In some ways, it's easier to put stuff together. A query has it's own
file. A display block, or an action the same. This makes finding an debugging
much easier.

Just about every link or form gets referred to the index, though sensible, if
this is not your current mind set, I find it takes a little getting used to. I
often use the url bar to determine where I'm going, or where I'm at. Fusebox has
a tendency to hide the templates in use. Everything is
index.cfm?fuseaction=something.

As I mentioned, I'm new at it, but it makes a kind of sense. I think I'll keep
at it.

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com