[thelist] Data structure help

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
Thu Nov 30 05:33:30 CST 2000

Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

Hi Steve

I don't have a clue about your specific question (data structures
are a bit beyond me :-) ), but I wanted to validate your idea.

For any kind of workflow, an audit trail is pretty much essential,
so you can
1) track where jobs have got to
2) see who to ask about a given job
3) work out where holdups are (and 'encourage' the guilty party)
4) find out where things went seriously wrong

Although you seem to be talking about a sales lead management
tool, it's much the same for *content* management.

Cheers
Martin
(a thought - how about an audit trail table, which contains fields
for: job id, task id, user id and date/time stamp (oh and a key))

Please respond to thelist at lists.evolt.org