[thelist] RE: (answer) Randomizing Question

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Thu Nov 30 07:40:13 CST 2000

raymond,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Raymond K. Camden
:
: Ah, so your saying that you should always do this:
:
: <CFSET STR = "Good morning, your as dumb as " &
    RandRange(1,100) & " sheep.">
:
: instead of ".... #..# ...." ?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yes, for many reasons really.  the nicest part about it is that your string
"Good morning, your as dumb as " and " sheep." will be blue in cf studio
while your function RandRange(1,100) will be red.  you can spot immediately
what is what with hardly a glance.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: I'll check my sources too. Again, I've _never_ heard this
: (although the readability thing is 100% correct) but of
: course that doesn't mean your wrong. ;)
:
: Hmmm, I haven't heard that, either, and I never use the
: temp variable.  Let me see if I can get some answers
: from development.

if it helps i recall that this was more of an issue in cf 4.5 than other
versions.

good luck,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden