[thelist] The Evils of the Splash Page

Mark Gregor mark at velir.com
Thu Nov 30 10:58:55 CST 2000

If they want it, of course we'll give it to them.  I just think as consultants it's our responsibility to give them an accurate picture of how it interferes with the usability of the site.

Particularly with an Intranet, the first page people see on a *daily basis* has *got* to be useful...an Intranet is first and foremost a business tool, so photo's, cute pictures, etc. take a back seat to giving the user immediate access to relevant information.

Anyway, we'll fight the good fight, and then make it simple, fast, and ultimately skippable.

Mark