[thelist] Merging an FDF and a PDF

Scott_Brady at themoneystore.com Scott_Brady at themoneystore.com
Thu Nov 30 16:13:20 CST 2000

Here's the scenario:

We are setting up an application where a potential new client signs up to be a
client.  We require a tax form to be signed by them and sent back to us.  To do
that, we want to automatically e-mail them the PDF form already filled out for
them to print out. Using Cold Fusion (cfobject, primarily), I have managed to
create an FDF with the updated field values for this client.

My question is this:  How can I merge the fdf and the pdf so that I can just
e-mail out the merged PDF?  [there is a program called PDFMerge (I believe)
which accomplishes something like this, but we're not able to spend $2k for this
feature]

If we were just outputting the PDF on the user's screen, then it'd be easier,
but we want to mail them the PDF.    Plus, we'd like this to be a file so they
can save it on their hard drive if they wish.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Scott Brady