[thelist] percent of browsers with java..

Michael Collins mcollins206 at home.com
Fri Dec 1 20:44:14 CST 2000

At 7:14 PM -0500 12/1/00, Herzog, Ari wrote:
>One would have to know something about
>how to disable Java in order to do so, so it's fair to presume that more
>often than not, Java is enabled.

Well, one would simply need to stumble upon the Internet Options
command (Tools menu), then out of concern about security go to that
tab, and then without realizing the implications select "high". I
would think that most people don't understand how this cripples their
browser. Cookies, JavaScript,and Java applets can no longer be
utilized. Java VM is not totally turned off, and I am not sure what
"high safety" will do for what you have in mind.

Michael
--
==> Michael Collins
--> Kuwago Web Services