[thelist] search engine reg q

Emily Christensen em at members.evolt.org
Sun Dec 3 22:44:16 CST 2000

All right. I am not a novice here -- I've registered plenty of sites with
search engines. (I've even studied Wolf's excellent article on targeting
search engines: http://www.evolt.org/index.cfm?menu=8&cid=132.) However, I
built a site a month ago, registered it with several search engines and
directories a month ago (Nov. 3 to be exact), and as of right now, the site
has shown up on precisely one of them (I only hit the big ones: Google,
dmoz.org, Lycos, Hotbot, Altavista, Go.com, Excite & Yahoo).

So my question is: Should I resubmit the site now or keep waiting? What
could be causing the delay? I've registered sites on Altavista that have
shown up in the db in a matter of hours, nevermind weeks.

The site in question is http://www.colleenjameson.com/

Spanish aunts,
Emily

~