[thelist] Browser Detect with JavaScript

Michael Collins mcollins206 at home.com
Mon Dec 4 10:57:28 CST 2000

At 8:32 AM +0000 12/4/00, Peter-Paul Koch wrote:
><P STYLE="display: none">Your web browser is not the latest and greatest.</P>

Yes, this does seem to be even the easiest answer of all for times
when I just want to display a message. It seems to work upon a quick
check but I need to check in on various browsers. Thanks!

>I wouldn't rely too much on the 4.08 detect, it might sneak in some
>versions of 4.08 that are non-compatible (after all, the horrid 4.5
>and 4.6 versions also used NN4.08 as their WWW browser).

Well, I am starting to find that with the resize problem (in which
all styles are lost) Netscape 4.7 is useless for CSS, as I was told
from the start. I have been given a JavaScript to workaround the
issue but so far have not had success with it. So I may have to give
up on CSS for this project depending on how bad the client wants to
retain support for Netscape prior to version 6.

Michael
--
==> Michael Collins
--> Kuwago Web Services