[thelist] Javascript - detecting which SELECT!

Steve Cook sck at biljettpoolen.se
Tue Dec 5 04:45:00 CST 2000

Thanks folks (all who submitted a solution). I went with Jeff's in the end.

I knew it would be something simple like that!

Grrrr! Darned counterintuitive language!!

<tip type="Database Backups">

If you are on a server that backs up the user filesystem, but not the
database tables (oh why oh why?!) you would be advised to write a cron
script that backs up your database to a file in your filespace at a regular
interval.

That way, when you type "UPDATE table SET Description = 'I don't want this
text everywhere';" - handily forgetting a WHERE statement, you'll have a
recent copy of your database available to restore from.

</tip>

... rather than a 6 week old copy like I had :-(

.steve

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net
 Cookstour - http://cookstour.org