[thelist] The Comps - CSS background problem

McCreath_David McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us
Tue Dec 5 13:44:22 CST 2000

>Thanks for your wonderful comments on the comps. Most said something about
the
>pictures, and I talked to the designer I am freelancing for, and she
decided she
>would take more pictures and insert them later...she loves comp #1, so my
job is
>done for now, except for getting the graphics into an html template for
her.

Gina --

I didn't have time to comment yesterday, but I just want to interject
something about the pictures on Comp #1. From the conversation that happened
yesterday, it sounds like those four pictures are going to be buttons
related to the text links above. I really like the design of the page
itself, but it seems like having those images clickable is redundant.
Additionally,  there really isn't anything intuitive about the arrangement
of the images-as-buttons in relation to the text links above.

Given those two conditions, why not scrap the search for the "perfect" image
for each of those four sections and use that space for some nice pictures of
the facility/products/services? I'm thinking more in terms of mood setting
pictures...nice arty pictures of the stylists at work or product shots of
the actual stuff they sell...

And like Amanda suggested try to get some people in there.

Looking good!

Dave