[thelist] A virus?

David McCreath mccreath at ak.net
Wed Dec 6 00:23:04 CST 2000

> > From: <tbounds at gci.net>
> >
> > I've recieved the same unsolicited .exe file three times now
> > anonymously in
> > my e-mail. Fortunatley I have a Mac and need not worry about it being a
> > virus. Do any of you have an idea how I can tell if it is?
>
> is it claiming to be a "Shockwave Flash movie i
> downloaded/received just now"?
>
> if so, yeah, it's a virus... but yer on a Mac, so keep it around, it
> could be fun to spring on people...

That piece of crap brought our Exchange server down (well it had some help
from users). Tony, I don't know if you know anybody that works for the
Anchorage School District (besides me), but if you do, you could very well
see this one in addition to Snowwhite. Grrrrr...

Dave
----
home: http://home.gci.net/~mccreath/
work: http://www.asd.k12.ak.us