[thelist] RE: [thelist]What about the CMS - Things you should know about evolt (TYSKAE)

Daniel J. Cody djc at five2one.org
Wed Dec 6 12:01:19 CST 2000

Heya -

Rudy answered a couple of your questions, I'll try to plug the others :)

Alternate wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>    Given the subject of your mail, I have been very curious about the CMS
> which is used by Evolt. It is CF based, that I gather, and is home-spun. How

yup and yup.

> about the details of this CMS ? You planning to put an article for this
> (when you have the time :-) )? Further, is it open-source / freeware /
> restricted ? Similar questions about MajorGumbo (I remember the time when

Ya, there will be a long series of articles over the next couple months
on how we migrated from NT and Access  to Linux and Oracle on the
backend. There will also be some stuff about the more cosmetic changes
you'll see on the 14th from others.. Our new site is completely HTML4.0
and CSS compliant, and degrades really nicely all the way back to 2.0
browsers. Plus it will be completely accessable to those with
disabilites etc..

It is open-source, wrapped in the vanilla GPL. We'll be releasing it
after the 14th.(note that the CMS in its current state, is compeltely
tricked out for us and our enviornment :) As for majorgumbo, thats
something I never really had time to work with after i completed it. I'm
still looking to the day where I can have some time to clean it up and
release it. I'm also looking forward to the day when I have hula girls
serving me sapphire tonics on a beach in Aruba though too ;)

Rudy mentioned thesite mailing list, but i dont think he published a
URL. If you want to join in and help out, jump on over to
http://lists.evolt.org/mailman/listinfo/thesite

Shout if you have any more questions :)

.djc.