[thelist] FW: problems with text field sizing and ie 5.5

Eric Hehl eric at thaitec.com
Wed Dec 6 14:22:27 CST 2000

This is a possibility, but it introduces additional difficulties.
I'd like to try and find a solution which is will degrade down to browsers
which do not support CSS.  At the moment, I'm wondering if it has something
to do with how Dreamweaver 3.0 handles textarea fields (?) I can't figure
out why only 1 field is behaving like this (and only in ie 5.5).

But, considering that you've answered my last few questions in a similar
fashion ("use style sheets") I believe I'm going to do a little more
research ;)

Thanks,

Eric

>I'm trying to create a contact form for users to submit questions. Still
>designing the layout, etc and am having incredible problems with the width
>of the textarea field.  Nav 4.72, Nav6 correctly display, but ie 5.5 just
>makes the darn thing too wide (it just ignores what I tell it)

Use style sheets:

<INPUT SIZE=20  NAME etc>

input {width: 200px;}

The SIZE is for NN4, the style sheet for all other browsers. Fiddle with
them until you get approximately the same result in all browsers.

ppk