[thelist] FW: problems with text field sizing and ie 5.5

Eric Hehl eric at thaitec.com
Wed Dec 6 19:38:48 CST 2000

Thanks to everyone for the help on the field problem ...

After four hours of sleep, I tried tackling the problem again using some of
the suggestions posted here.  Still no luck, so I decided that rather than
hunt around for a needle in a haystack, I'd just recode the page.  Took a
few minutes, but the problem is gone.  All I can figure is that I had a tag
sitting around somewhere which was influencing the textarea field size.  I
checked in my style sheets, but that didn't turn up anything.  Real
confusing, since it only affected one field out of the three that were
present.  Anyhoo ... problem's all gone so I'm thinking that today just
might be a productive day ...

My thanks to everyone who tried to help. Insightful and informative - you
gave me plenty of other things to consider for future projects :)

Regards,

Eric