[thelist] Netscape 6 loads page twice

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 7 15:43:48 CST 2000

> From: "A. Erickson" <amanda at gawow.com>
> >
> > again, it depends on the site (the customers, the clients, etc.)...
> > but i've seen too many people who don't inform their client what
> > they are giving up...
>
> Do clients ever really value this? You start talking about standards and
> degradeability and I've seen clients' eyes glaze over. They don't care. All
> that many of them want is a site that looks good on their personal machine.

well, i've had that happen...

but i've also had a few government clients who've been happy --
after we explain to them the value (accessibility being key)... i feel
it's my job to educate the client, not let them make poor decisions
based on inadequate information... yeah, they get bored
sometimes, but they wouldn't have hired us if we weren't educating
them... i hope...