[thelist] Netscape 6 loads page twice

Jacob Stetser lists at icongarden.com
Thu Dec 7 18:09:50 CST 2000

You say wonderfully something I've been experiencing for a while.
Since we started using CSS to control text presentation on sites, and
otherwise coding to standards as a basis for later work, we've found
that we actually have _less_ work to do to make changes. The HTML is
cleaner, leaner and meaner.

What happens is that knowing the standards is not enough - knowing
when and how each browser breaks them is extremely important. Then
you don't spend hours trying to develop workarounds.

Jake

--
icongarden.com
Making good ideas grow || http://icongarden.com/