[thelist] hits vs sessions

McCreath_David McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us
Thu Dec 7 18:15:38 CST 2000

>Yes, we know.
>
><tip type = "stating the obvious">
>When dealing with a group of your peers, assume that they know as
>much as you do unless they prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they
>don't.
></tip>
>
>>I love when people talk about hits.
>>It means nothing, really.
>>It's the visitor sessions which speak volumes.

Actually, the rosters of thelist and evolt cover a pretty amazing range of
skill sets and skill levels. Sometimes it seems like the majority is
tech/back-end, but we've got some kick ass designers who probably don't know
from hits vs sessions (I personally still wrestle with figuring out the best
way to distinguish them, and I'm neither a kick-ass designer nor a kick-ass
techie). Assuming that something is obvious to everybody on this list is
probably not the safest bet. :) I know some of the questions I ask have
perfectly obvious answers...obvius to someone else. That's why I ask them
here, ya know?

Now it *is* nice to accompany a statement like the one above with an
explanation for those of us who don't immediately grasp its
obviousness...obviousity...um...who don't get it so quick.

:)

Dave
----
home: http://home.gci.net/~mccreath/