[thelist] CSS & W3C: Hmmm...

Frank framar at interlog.com
Fri Dec 8 00:41:52 CST 2000

>Frank,

>>  Went to validate one of my stylesheets, and got a few mild errors.
>>  Oh! I thought I had it right. Geez. Now I need to relearn the whole
>>  bloody thing again. I decided to look at the stylesheet for the W3C's
>>  validator

>  It validated just fine for me. Are you sure you didn't
>  mistake the comments for errors? BTW, what errors did
>  you find on your own style sheets? Maybe some of us can
>  help you unravel them...

I suppose that that is the critical distinction. There were no
warnings, just a number of comments, (mostly 'you've selected a
colour without specifying the background colour').

Still, I'm used to cranking out my HTML and seeing the joyful
exclamation mark (No Errors Found!). It's one of the small things I
live for. I think that the comment that I live for the praise of the
machine is a very bad sign, but I just can't figure out why...

*choke*
--

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com