[thelist] Domainname for local use

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Fri Dec 8 12:04:20 CST 2000

Edit your 'hosts' file and enter 127.0.0.1 to match the
domain you wish to remap.

The file is in c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc on NT/2000;
can't remember where its 9X equivalent lives.

If it's not there, find a file called hosts.sam instead
then make the changes and rename it just hosts (without
a suffix).

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com