[thelist] Perl error: formmail (revisited)

Tab Alleman talleman at autobex.com
Fri Dec 8 16:47:30 CST 2000

 >>No unfortunately all I can do with this ISP is what WS_FTP will allow.  I
 >>don't need to pre-compile perl scripts do I?  I should just be able to
 >>upload it, point my form's action= at it and go, right?
 >
 >Make sure you uploaded the file as ASCII.

He must have, otherwise CGI::Carp wouldn't have been working properly to
give him that error message. Wonder if he had a chance to try the other
thing I recommended...

Actually, no, I didn't.  I had uploaded in binary before.. don't ask me why
the error thingy was working, cuz I don't know and I don't care.  :)  So I
just uploaded it in ascii and it worked.. except for not being able to find
my results page, and I should be able to fix that.

I'm torn between the desire to do a happy dance, and the desire to spit and
curse about having to deal with a stupid detail like ascii/binary because
Unix isn't smart enuff to figure it out for me.  I think I'll go have a
beer.  :)  thanks everyone!!!!