[thelist] Netscape 6 loads page twice

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 9 03:35:53 CST 2000

>>Should the W3C once again forbid NAMEs then many people (including me)
>>will
>>go on using them anyway, and Too Bad for the validators.
>
>Can I ask a silly question:
>
>Why?
>
>I can understand that you may not want to update a site's (working) scripts
>which
>are non-standards-compliant until such time as they stop working, but why
>go out of your way to code new work in a non-compliant manner?

The question is: compliant to what? I code sites that are compliant to the
actual browsers, and my principle is that if something can work in NN3 it
should work in NN3. This sometimes means that I need to use NAMEs and the
like.

In a way I'm betting on the theory I sent to the list earlier: that the
browsers will never stop supporting NAMEs and the like, even though they
also support the correct W3C standards.

ppk