[thelist] Which Monitor Size Should I Use?

Seb Barre sebastien at oven.com
Mon Dec 11 11:23:27 CST 2000

At 05:15 PM 12/11/2000 +0000, you wrote:

> >Get a 19inch and a second video card. If you use Win98, Win2K or a Mac -
> >you can have dual monitor support!!! Seriously get the 19" its worth the
> >investment.
>
>Don't bother with NT4 or Win2K unless you've got 2 monitors the same size,
>as it doesn't support dual screen sizes.
>I'm stuck with a 19 inch monitor and a 15 inch. One with unreadable text
>and the other with 'my first monitor' chunky text  =(
>What a waste of a G400 Dualhead

Actually I believe that is a problem with the dual head G400, not the
operating system.  We just went through that here at work with workstations
that had dual head G400s, and it was solved by replacing the G400 with two
separate video cards.  Under Win2k, they are now running in separate
resolutions on each (different sized) monitor without a problem.

--- -- -
Seb Barre - seb at oven.com
OVEN Digital Toronto
Work: 416-595-9750 x 222