[thelist] ASP Recordset Problem on Windows 2000

Sarah Mc Coy sarah at dieseldesign.com
Tue Dec 12 12:50:33 CST 2000

I am having a problem with sporadic errors returned to my asp application.
The error message is:

ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'
Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted; the
operation requested by the application requires a current record.

The Microsoft database states the problem on earlier versions of ActiveX
Data Objects (ADO) 2.0 or greater is a memory leak caused by a buildup of
Critical Section objects that is causing fragmentation. Eventually, there is
not enough contiguous memory left for the OLE DB providers to allocate what
is required by the returning recordsets. This was supposed to be fixed by
ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) 2.1.

Has anyone had this problem on Windows 2000? If so, can you tell me the fix?

Thanks.