[thelist] International Roaming - Reccomendations?

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Tue Dec 12 20:51:20 CST 2000

> 1: No fixed term - It's only for three weeks, I don't want to be
> stuck with a 1 year contract for a service I'm not going to use.
>
> 2: Cheap (ish) - Cost doesn't really matter, but it would be nice if
> it didn't cost the earth.
>
> 3: Mac friendly - Or at least someone that supplies all the relevant
> info without having to install any software.

this isn't an ideal solution, but when i switched ISPs and needed something
for a week or so in between, i signed up with www.iprimus.com.au. that could
cover you while you're in australia. they can sign you up over the phone if
you've got a VISA card, and then charge you AUD$1.50/hour. no setup fee, no
minimum duration, etc. don't know about mac support. this was earlier this
year, so their pricing structure may have changed since then.

isaac
                                           isaac: triple zero digital
                                           dynamic internet solutions
                                           e: isaac at triplezero.com.au