[thelist] cron jobs

Adrian Fischer adrian at logo-logic.com
Wed Dec 13 22:35:08 CST 2000

Hi Guys and Gals,

Simple question today...I have set up a cron job that runs 2 small .cgi's
that reads my .mail file and does stuff and the other checks closing dates
and sends emails as reminders and then closes and deletes records from the
db if the email recipient doesnt update their record.  It works fine (well
almost, I keep getting these back when an the autoclose.cgi sends an email
"October-16966... User unknown
/home/foo/dead.letter... Saved message in /home/foo/dead.letter"
the October-16966 part is the users password I cant seem to work out how it
is getting into the To: part of the email resulting in the returned email??
Very frustrating.  This is not my question though (but if yo have an answer
feel free to let me know))

but when I add a third cron to it, the third doesnt work.  My .ctb looks
like this:
0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55, * * * *
/home/1/2/foo/bah.com/cgi-bin/autoclose.cgi
0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55, * * * *
/home/1/2/foo/bah.com/cgi-bin/emailcheck.cgi
15, * * * * /home/1/2/foo/bah.com/cgi-bin/reminder/mail.php3

This obvious thing that is different is the .php3 extension on the third
one.  It works fine if I run it from the browser.  Does what it is supposed
to do (sends mail).  But it want execute from cron.  Do I need to speak to
my admin to get permission to run a php3 from crontab?? I wouldnt have
thought so.  As stated php works fine normally.

Any ideas

Adrian Fischer