[thelist] Strange ASP server errors

Norman Beresford n.d.b at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 05:02:44 CST 2000

It doesn't appear to be client side scripting doing it as nothing is coming
through, the page fails to render at all and rather generates a 500 error.
I wonder if it could be a problem with the cookie being written to identify
the users session ID.  I am right in thinking that this happens the first
time you hit a site using ASP?

I then started wondering what happens to session based ASP when a user's
browser has reached it's cookie limit?  Will the later cookies overwrite the
earlier ones?