[thelist] Error with evolt 2.0

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Thu Dec 14 14:10:07 CST 2000

scott,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: AtdtXav
:
: PS I am totally wild for the new design *grins*
:  Every so often I run across a site that makes
: me bleed from the eyes with jealousy, and this
: is one of them :)
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thanks for the words of praise.  you can thank isaac for the actual graphic
design of the new site.  you can thank aardvark for the hours and hours of
pounding on the html-ized design from isaac until he had it beat into html
and css submission.  you can thank more dave mccreath for more countless
hours for helping to convert numerous other templates that affect the
display of the site, bringing them in line with aardvark's valid html & css
templates.  you can thank both dan and rudy for kicking some serious ass
during codefests 1.0 & 2.0 - without their diligence, *none* of this would
be possible.  i know i'm missing the names of other people who busted some
serious ass behind the scenes - thank you to all of you too - you know who
you are.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: My only suggestion is on the evolt definition at the
: bottom.  It looks rather plain, I think maybe "evolt"
: should be bolded in each instance or something.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i'm sure we'll be addressing that very soon now (tm).

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: Anyway, on with the error, which I recieved during
: redirect after rating the "evolt 2.0!" article :
: -----------------------------------------------------------
:
: Error Diagnostic Information
: Cannot process file
:
: The requested file
: "/home/evolt/main_html/evolt/article/dsp_article.cfm"
: has length zero. ColdFusion cannot parse empty
: templates.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(yes dan i saw your message, but i'd already checked into it)

this is an error that's caused by requesting a template *while* it's being
saved via ftp.  you must have requested that page at almost the exact moment
i saved some changes to it.  at any rate it's not terribly reproducible.
thanks for the warning though.

have a good one,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden