[thelist] IIS through Proxy Server

Peter Hammar phammar at dplanet.ch
Thu Dec 14 16:56:26 CST 2000

> does it fetch the content on a port other than 80 ?
> sgd

I think so as i can access the page with a browser.
Apparently the problem is that IIS (hosted at the client)
isn't configured to access the proxy and that the
account IUSR_MACHINE isn't able to access the proxy
(this is what a colleague more aware of NT problems than me
told me)

So that leaves me with 2 choices:
1) configue the server, which may be hard due to the fact
that it is hosted by the client, a big corporation which
doesn't seem at ease with our messing with their config
(my colleage mentionned install WinSock or changing
the rights of IUSR_MACHINE)

2) Tell ASP to fetch the page through the proxy:
is there a way to do this? (the script is using xmldom.load)
I did a lot of searching but didn't find anything about
passing proxies with ASP.
We managed to do this using Perl but that would
mean changing a bunch of pages from ASP to Perl.

Thanks for any help

Peter

> > Our paranoic client refuses to open a port in the
firewall to
> > let IIS fetch
> > information from reuters to display it in a page.
> > The firewall doesn't let anything pass unless it comes
from the proxy.