[thelist] New Site in IE 5.5 - Evolt.org

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Fri Dec 15 14:23:27 CST 2000

aardvark wrote:

> if it's the IE-generated error, are you sure that you are getting a
> 404?  what about a 300 (object moved), or a 50x?
>
> all i can think of is that there might be a server-side redirection
> happening that IE is crapping out on due to it's option to support
> HTTP 1.1 or HTTP 1.0...
>
> dan, is there a server-side redirect somewhere?
>
> otherwise, for those of you on IE5.x, have you tried changing your
> HTTP support settings?

Funky. When I do the butt-simple telnet to port 80 and evolt I get what
appears to be a jsp page?

I do not know enough about the server side DNS HTTP stuff to comment,
but maybe this is a clue?

[15:20:05][artlung at XXXXXX:~]$ telnet evolt.org 80
Trying 209.83.86.155...
Connected to evolt.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /