[thelist] New Site in IE 5.5 - Evolt.org

Jacob Stetser lists at icongarden.com
Fri Dec 15 17:50:40 CST 2000

Try
GET / HTTP/1.0

(two returns, please)

or
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: evolt.org

(two returns, please)

Ahh, just tested it myself -- the second one works. Evolt is
virtualhosted (multiple sites on a single IP address) using HTTP 1.1
connection protocols (in other words, browsers that don't provide the
Host: header won't get the right page)

Jake

>Funky. When I do the butt-simple telnet to port 80 and evolt I get what
>appears to be a jsp page?
>
>I do not know enough about the server side DNS HTTP stuff to comment,
>but maybe this is a clue?
>
>[15:20:05][artlung at XXXXXX:~]$ telnet evolt.org 80
>Trying 209.83.86.155...
>Connected to evolt.org.
>Escape character is '^]'.
>GET /
>
>Helpful?
Appreciation is a wonderful thing; it makes what is excellent in others
belong to us as well. -Voltaire, philosopher, historian, satirist,
dramatist, and essayist (1694-1778)
   icongarden.com || littleblueeasy.com :: emailme at icongarden.com