[thelist] Evolt.org, IE 5.5 - Found the problem ...

Michiel Trimpe mtrimpe at juvex.com
Mon Dec 18 17:52:27 CST 2000

Hello djc,

Saturday, December 16, 2000, 07:58:52, you wrote:

d> Ok. First thing that jumps to my mind is "holy shit, i wonder how many
d> people are getting 404's when they come to our site!"

d> I've been up most of the night reading some rfc's to try to pin this one
d> down(friday night party animal :) and i've come up with a couple things
d> that I'll try.. More to come soon..

d> Thanks for the help though everyone :)

What status code are you guys giving? With a 404 IE 5+ gives a
standard error message unless the article is above x (255) characters if
I'm correct ... I guess if you didn't manage the error codes correctly
then that would cause the problem ..... that could be the case
considering you're working with fictional page names ....

Anyhow, I'm not getting them with IE 5.1 and Win98

--
Best regards,
 Michiel                            mailto:mtrimpe at juvex.com