[thelist] Evolt Site .. Down ?

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Wed Dec 20 12:00:54 CST 2000

Does every version of cf work the same (nt, 2000, 4.0, 4.5, linux, etc)
because the scope in question is an application scope query.  The code
throwing the error looks like:

  <cfquery name="application.topics" datasource="[censored]"
cachedwithin="[censored]">
    SELECT col1, col2
  </cfquery>

Since application scope always exists (since <cfapplication> is run way at
the top of the file) this query should normally work, unless cf is
implemented differently on different platforms.  If you look carefully at
the error message:

There are two likely causes of this problem:
You are using a CFQUERY tag with a scoped query name. Query names cannot be
scoped. For example, MyProject.MyQuery is an invalid query name.
The query was set as the default query for a tag like CFOUTPUT, CFLOOP,
CFMAIL, etc. However, in the body of the tag this query was modified or
removed. Default queries cannot be modified or removed inside the bodies of
the tags that use them.

The error message definitely suggests that scoped query names are not
allowed.  You may be able to query unscoped then store the query in an
application variable, but you are not allowed to do it within the query tag.

-joshua