[thelist] JavaScript - closing windows in NN6/Gecko bug ?

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Wed Dec 20 15:30:12 CST 2000

George,

> I've found that Gecko (Mozilla 14  / Beonex) has a tendency to crash (IPF)
> when closing either self or opener using either onClick or onMouseDown.

	I don't see this problem in Mozilla 0.6. I suggest that you work
with either the gold version of Netscape 6, or with Mozilla 0.6 -- M14 is
really quite old. Also, you can always search Mozilla's Bugzilla database
(http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/) for known problems. (There does appear to
have been some sort of issue related to window.close() that was resolved in
a recent build.)

James Aylard