[thelist] Common Fonts

Jacob Stetser lists at icongarden.com
Wed Dec 20 16:34:56 CST 2000

I saw that a while back, but they a) don't test other alternatives,
such as Verdana, Georgia, etc. and they b) didn't test these fonts on
the Mac as well.

All they managed to do was prove that on screen, san-serif fonts are
often slightly more readable at 12pt size.

It's interesting, but too limited in scope.

>http://wsupsy.psy.twsu.edu/surl/usabilitynews/2S/font.htm
>So, What Size and Type of Font Should I Use on My Website?
>
>The question is which face is more readable at which size...
>
>The above link is one of the best studies on digital fonts.

<icongarden at icongarden.com>

Appreciation is a wonderful thing; it makes what is excellent in others
belong to us as well. -Voltaire, philosopher, historian, satirist,
dramatist, and essayist (1694-1778)