[thelist] How can a redirect occur before onload?

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Thu Dec 21 11:33:31 CST 2000

If you have access to ColdFusion (or I would assume any similar AppServer)
you can detect using CF and include the different forms (or just the code).

Something like this, i think:
<cfif findnocase("msie", http_user_agent)>
  <cfinclude template="ieform.cfm">
  (or just put IE Form code here instead)

<cfelse>
  <cfinclude template="nnform.cfm">
  (or just put NN form code here instead)

</cfif>

Of course, you can use the same scheme to re-direct, or to serve different
stylesheets, and the browser doesn'e need to know Javascript.

Matt

Matthew Garrett
http://www.imagerealm.com
matt at imagerealm.com