Fwd: [thelist] Netscape table behavior - grrr

Jacob Stetser lists at icongarden.com
Thu Dec 21 18:42:30 CST 2000

><tip>
>build your html tables with *fewer* nested tables, rather than more -- the
>simpler the structure, the more likely the browser will render it the way
>you want
>(gotta love that word, "render")
></tip>
>
>rudy

I agree the fewer the tables the better, but my experience has taught me:

<tip type="tables">
build simple tables instead of complex tables. Colspan and rowspan
are dangerous!!  If you have to nest, it's OK, but don't go overboard
either way.
</tip>
--
<icongarden at icongarden.com>

Appreciation is a wonderful thing; it makes what is excellent in others
belong to us as well. -Voltaire, philosopher, historian, satirist,
dramatist, and essayist (1694-1778)