[thelist] Netscape 6: Doctype Declarations Can Break Table La youts

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Fri Dec 22 17:31:38 CST 2000

Morbus,

> This is a known bug within Netscape and Mozilla... Take a look at the code

> at disobey.com/index.shtml to discover the workaround...

	Sorry -- I checked your site, but couldn't find anything related on
the page you cited, and didn't want to take the time to do a page-by-page
search. Do you have a more-direct URL?
	If by "known bug" you mean that it's listed on Bugzilla, then I'll
admit that I didn't do a search there. I find Bugzilla to be very unwieldy
due to the size of the database. Maybe this bug is just not a *widely* known
bug? Nonetheless, since there has been occasional discussion of the
capabilities and flaws of Netscape 6 on the Evolt list, I thought it
worthwhile to share the fix that I had found to an irritating (and
potentially common) problem.
	What was the workaround that you found? How does it compare to my
finding that a particular URI in the doctype declaration fixes the problem?

James Aylard