[thelist] Friday Freebie

Raymond Camden rcamden at allaire.com
Sat Dec 23 10:21:54 CST 2000

I understand it may be just a personal feeling, but why do you feel
IsDefined() makes code unreadable? Also, why do you say there is no need for
it? How would you get around a situation like this:

details.cfm expects a URL variable, ID, passed to it. This ID var is used in
a sql statement.

Sure, you can CFPARAM it to some default value, but normally you would
probably rather just send them back to index.cfm or the previous page.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Allaire

Email   : jedimaster at allaire.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482